Wednesday 27 July 2016

Different way people enjoying their tea

Living in Australia, really open my mind about how each country have their own culture and own way to do things. But going from people to people house as social worker, it is really interesting to see different way people enjoying their tea. In my country (Indonesia) we mainly drink green tea or jasmine tea with hot water and sugar. But different in here. So here we go,
1. White tea
If people asking white tea or black tea, this means with milk (white) or no milk (black)

2. Sugar or no sugar
Look! People in my country love sweets. We put sugar almost in everything. But in here, we must ask the person either she or he wants with sugar or not and how many spoon.

3. Black tea with marmalade
It taste like tea with a hint of marmalade. Very nice and refreshing.

4. What some sort of tea?
We are in here got so many choices of tea, personally I love twinings earl grey. Oh yes! Have this tea during cold weather, sit on the bed, cover my body with blanket, watching the rain from my window, and drinking hot twinings earl grey, so relaxing and calming my mind. Twinings quiet popular in here, and we got heaps of choices, tea with fruit infused (berry, tropical fruit, etc), herbal infusion (ginger, mint, orange and lemongrass, etc), English breakfast, earl grey, camomile (I hate this tea, as it leave sweet taste on my tounge after I drink it). Second tea I love is lipton black tea. Ed doesn't like this as this tea is really ordinary and cheap, but I enjoy it with milk and two teaspoon of sugar then dunked scotch finger, have chit chat with work colleague.

5. Time for tea
Yes, it can be morning tea around 9-11 am. Some people drink coffee instead of real tea. Morning tea usually, served with sweet treats (biscuits or cakes). Afternoon tea 2-4 pm and tea at night usually before bed around 9-10 pm. Some people drink tea with their breakfast then having morning tea again. It really depends on their culture and where they grew up. But most of people in here having morning tea. At the church, some times they serving morning tea after mass in the morning. At work, people will having break for morning tea and chit chats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.