Wednesday 16 March 2016

Devonshire tea without scone please

Once upon a time, there was a Polish man just landed from Itali in Australia. He went with his friends to the garden show, they ordered devonshire tea. On their mind, devonshire tea is just a cup of tea. But the tea girl not just came with tea, she also came with scone filled with cream and jam. Then he said to the tea girl 'we not order this cake, this must be wrong order' tea girl was confused. Polish man kept saying 'we only order devonshire tea' oh well, it was so memorable for my husband. He just told me this story few weeks ago. First time i went for devonshire tea, i also confused why they gave us scone. My husband told me that it's part of the package. Devonshire tea means tea with scone, cream and jam. I think devonshire tea only popular in Australia. In europe that was not popular in that time, but possibly that idea of tea with scone came from England as many people in Australia came from England. I just realized how good that idea of tea with scone, it so nice and enjoyable. While we can have a cuppa, eat sweet snacks and have a chat in the same time. Back in my country, we also love to have cuppa (of course sweet one without milk) and a bit of cake or savoury snack even eat rice with cuppa. Do you love devonshire tea? When first time did you have it? I would love to hear your stories ❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.